Sunday, September 8, 2013

Peace, Guilt, Regret, Risk and Making it Happen

In a perfect world, have you thought about what would bring you peace?  No disagreements, no disappointments, everything perfect.  Peace to me is pretty much silence.  I really hate people arguing and fighting.  I was the youngest of three girls and was five years younger than my last sister.  I have had a lot of alone time growing up.  I remember walking out into the fields and getting in touch with nature.  My best friends growing up were my animals.

Even now I find myself enjoying my alone time.  I love watching TV while enjoying some wine.  I guess you call it down time. Even at work I prefer to be stuck in my office alone without interruption. I used to work in so many jobs were there were people all around you.  I love having my own office and being able to shut the door. Yes, I prefer to work independently, you could say.



There are many other aspects of what brings you peace. Peace is the absence of guilt, to have a guilt-free conscience. I think everyone has things in there past that they feel guilty about doing or saying.  You can try to push it out of your mind all you want, but it is always there.  Everyone wishes there were an "erase" or "redo" button to get rid of their past mistakes. They say that the mistakes we have :made in the past make us who we are today. I guess I agree with this.  When we die our tombstones say "Rest in Peace".  I guess this is the ultimate stage of clearing our minds, clearing out guilt.



It seems like there is always someone who you should have said something to that you just never did for whatever reason.  Someone you should have apologized to that you never did.  Someone you wish would have apologized to you who hasn't.  Fixing these issues before your final days seems important.  It's hard to live with regret.

There are things you wish you would have done during your life that you just never did.  Chances you could have taken that you didn't that now you wish you would have found the courage to take them.  We only live once.  That's all the chances you get. Is it better to have tried and failed than to have never had tried at all?  I think so. But does everyone live by these rules?  No.  Some people are just better risk takers than others.  Are the successful people in life the ones who take risks, or are they the ones who have never taken a risk?

There are plenty of things that I wish I would have done that I haven't.  I wish that I would have gone back to school for something.  I always wanted to be a hairstylist.  I used to have a Barbie head that I could do make-up and hair on.  I loved doing this.  I used to color my mom's hair when I was younger, starting at age 12 or so.  I always wanted to get a tattoo and I haven't yet.  I've always wanted to travel to Europe and never did.


What are the risks I have taken along the way?  I went to college.  I got married.  I moved to Colorado.  I had babies.  I started my own business and failed. I have left plenty of jobs for other jobs that I thought would be better.

I think that people live by "the grass is always greener on the other side" mentality.  We are always wanting more out of live.  We are never satisfied with what we have now.  We always see other people who have what we want and wish we were them. If we really had their lives we still wouldn't be happy.  That brings up the question of what is happiness?  What makes us happy? Everyone has their own individual opinion of what would make us happy.

It is very important to make yourself happy.  To do the things you have always wanted to do. Don't live with regrets! Make it happen!  Take the risk!








 









No comments:

Post a Comment