Friday, February 21, 2014

Moving On




On January 16th, 2014, I decided that I could no longer work for my new boss.  The daily stress of working for someone who talked to me like I was a 2 year old every day was too much to bare. I had had enough and left my job.  I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.  It was so stressful that I reached the point where I was having panic attacks with heart palpitations.  Not good! It was time to get out.

I had a second job where I could increase my hours, so this is what I fell back on until I found something else full-time. I started looking for a new job back in October when the company I worked for was sold. It was my hope to find something else before quitting, but I really couldn't do it one more day.  It took me from October to February to be offered a new position.  It was a huge relief when I got the call that I had been chosen.  I don't start my new job until March 26th, so until then I will continue working part-time at the grocery store where I have been employed at for nearly 5 years.  Having experience working in the customer service department has proven very valuable when finding a new job.  It is a well desire skill to a new employer.

I went from selling advertising to working for a home warranty company as an authorizer.  I am hoping and praying that I excel in this position and that I can be with this company for many years to come.  I am looking forward to all the benefits this position offers and longevity. I will be going through 3 weeks of training before beginning the actual job.

I have prayed to God daily to lead me to find a new job.  I just had faith that He would be there to help me, and He didn't let me down. What is really amazing is that I went back to companies where I was formerly employed that turned me down in the past.  The company where I am going to work at is where I was employed at 16 years ago.  Thank God for second chances! I am exited to begin my new journey!










No comments:

Post a Comment